Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow A Wardrobe of Ones Own

Tuesday 19 July 2011

Fetish: from your bedroom to the streets.









H&M t-shirt
Miss Selfridge PVC pants and cardigan
New Look ankle boots
Local rings
Handmade bracelet

Photos by Fergus



Maybe its my inner mischief speaking out but I am loving the new 'Fetish' trend. Fashion just got sexy with corsets, PVC, leather, boots, pants and black... lots and lots of black. There will be a few fashion sceptics who will see this trend as nothing more than trashy. But I see it as an empowerment. Especially as this year was the 100th anniversary of national women's day... so to all you powerful ladies, it's time to crack the whip. No I mean, quite literally... Well if your into that sort of accessory, personally I prefer a necklace. But each to their own I guess.


I kinda wanted to avoid the whole dominatrix look so I played to the more subtle side of fetish by throwing on a cotton t-shirt with PVC pants and leather boots. I'm not really digging the complete mistress/ bondage look to walk around town... I reealllyyyyyyy want some leather trousers though. Also I ordered some new boots from Asos last night. Don't you just hate waiting for them to arrive :( I want them now!!


I love the city in the summertime, for me, culture makes up for the crappy weather. The jewellery photo is of Native American pieces. Which reminds me of another one of this season's trends: The New Native. I love handmade pieces. They're so much more special than costume jewellery which can be bought in bulk at Topshop. Not one piece of Native jewellery is the same - they're only alike in their beauty. Just like the people - so kind and friendly. The lady said it was completely fine to take a photo which I thought was really lovely. My friend Fergus from Vancouver feels a particular connection with these people because they're the First Nation people in Canada and they remind him of back home. He bought me the sun bracelet pictured above and I love it. Even with the right materials and a few 'DIY' moments I couldn't make something so spectacular. Promise less text next time ;-)


xxx

2 comments:

  1. FabO Blog! like ur work!

    hope you like mine FOllow me only if you like me!
    www.shervinsworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment!
    I have followed you, photography skills are amazing. Beautiful models also!

    Take Care

    xx

    ReplyDelete